The LISA VII Scientific Organizing Committee cordially invites you to submit contributed talks and poster presentations. Papers are solicited in particular, but not exclusively, on the following topics:
- Training to become a data librarian or incorporate data librarianship into your work
- Librarians, astronomers, IT specialists: working together
- Big data, future of data, catalogs
- Data citation
The future of libraries and librarianship
- New roles for librarians
- LISA: future directions for astronomy librarianship
- Future of scholarly communication
Metrics and visualizations
- Telescope bibliographies
- Metrics based on ADS?
- Author ID challenges (ORCID)
Preservation of astronomical heritage
- Science and Culture
- When the past becomes the future: where are our print collections in 2050?
Open Access and Open Science
- arXiv, Zenodo,…
Use and access of astronomical literature
- Hacking the Interface to Information
- The future of library instruction
Journals and E-Books: the present and beyond
- How to buy an e-book: mission impossible?
- Electronic editions decoupled from the printed?
- Enhanced journals
- Future of publications: beyond the PDF?
- Scientific content on devices (tablets, phones, e-readers, what’s next?)
- Library spaces reimagined
- Virtual and e-only libraries
- New modes of outreach and work in a digital world
Tools, techniques, and skills – know-how for astronomy librarians
- Librarians teaching other librarians – bring your skills and curiosity!